get to work
Rapid Resist recruits crowds at a moments notice to persuade lawmakers who can make or break Trump's agenda. Then we ask those activists to run for office. Our partner LLC also supports folks running for office with a texting program.
We've sent 5.6 million texts and recruited 88,367 activists in conservative areas on behalf of 298 local groups. We've recruited 1,270 candidates in red areas and run texting programs for 40 clients including the future AZ governor.
We strongly encourage folks living in conservative areas, women, people of color, and LGBTQ folks to apply.
VOTER REGISTRATION PROJECT DIRECTOR
Rapid Resist reached 160,000 black or female unregistered voters in Alabama on behalf of the NAACP to power Doug Jones' win. Now we need you to lead a massive voter registration drive that leverages trusted messengers to engage and register tens of thousands of otherwise ignored voters.
As our Voter Registration Project Director, you'll partner with organizers working around the country to test and launch SMS-based voter registration programs to reach as many as two million unregistered voters of color.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage a national voter registration by text program that to reach 2 million voters of color on behalf of national local messengers.
- Synthesize existing research and create hypotheses to test
- Draft text message communications scripts, set up texting campaigns
- Manage relationships with national and local organizing partners.
- Train and manage texting volunteers
- Manage data and produce reports
5+ years of relevant experience in politics, digital organizing or voter registration
Experience managing voter registration drives
Experience managing coalitions and partnerships with organizations such as NAACP, Mi Familia Vota and/or local organizing groups
Experience with data and experimental design preferred
Experience with peer texting preferred
Bilingual Spanish-speaking preferred
Compensation & Contract:
Compensation will be based on experience, starting at $5,000 a month and includes basic health benefits. Work may be remote ideally with access to meetings in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Director of Impact & Fundraising
Rapid Resist is funded by a few dozen major donors and hundreds of small donors. Until now, these relationships have all been managed by the founder. Your job will be to steward these relationships and build new ones with potential key supporters.
You will report to the founder and be a key part of the leadership team driving the direction of the organization. Since your “clients” will be our donors, you will be tasked with directing the rest of the team to gather persuasive metrics that quantify our impact.
You are an obsessive and strategic networker and have a talent for knowing just how to and when to ask for meetings with powerful people. You have experience thinking at high levels about how to measure impact in the political advocacy and electoral space. You are excellent at managing your seniors' time and pushing a project forward in a chaotic context.
· 4 years of development experience, especially in the political or c4 space
· At least 2 years of major gift development
· Strong existing network of relevant potential donors
· Exceptional interpersonal skill and communications ability
· Demonstrated drive to rebuild progressive infrastructure across the country
· Experience with donor advising or impact consulting or research
· Experience as executive assistance or chief of staff to a founder or CEO
· Ability to work long hours, evenings and weekends
· Experience with donor research databases and Salesforce
Compensation and Contract
This is a one year contract at $60-85,000 with health benefits. Bay Area preferred. Salary may be re-negotiated after 6 months if fundraising targets are met. Apply here.
curious about our salaries?
Why don't we pay that well? Check out our salary statement.